Friday, March 7, 2014

Valentine's day! :)

I actually started this post on V day so it is a little late being published but thought I would publish it anyway!

Wow it's been a while since I have posted on this blog but I thought that I would start up again! Since I have been blogging pretty regularly on my fighting for motherhood blog I have noticed some people have been popping over to this one to see if there is anything new! I am going to start using this one more for day to day stuff and adventures and use the other one just for all our fertility/baby stuff! :)

I have to say Valentine's day has kind of snuck up on me this year! I find myself having a hard time believing that it is already mid February! I don't think I did the best job a wife could do for her hubby on Valentine's day but I did get him lots of chocolate so he said it was perfect! Cody on the other hand did an awesome job this year! He surprised me by sending me some chocolate covered strawberries from Shari's Berries!  I was kind of expecting for him to send me flowers because I have been telling him for four years now that I want him to send me flowers just once but he did even better!  He remembered the story I told him like last week about my idea of grownup Valentine's day.  When I was a little girl my mom used to always make chocolate covered strawberries for her husband for valentine's day, so I always thought that when I was married someday I would eat chocolate covered strawberries with my husband! There was only one problem... Cody doesn't like strawberries!! I know weird huh?! So he sent me my very own chocolate covered strawberries instead of flowers for Valentine's day!! I was pretty excited!

So that's it? That's all we are doing for Valentine's day?? Nope! We actually went to dinner with my family last night so we are kind of counting that as our Valentine's day dinner since it was fancier than what we usually do, and tonight we will be eating heart shaped pizza and playing games with some neighbor friends!! :) I am pretty excited! We are so lucky to have such great friends in our neighborhood!! I think we have like 4 couples in our ward that we have had the privilege to hang out with and all of them enrich our lives so much! I am so thankful I have a place on this earth where I feel like I am accepted and cared about! I promise I am not always this sickly optimistic and sunny (I know that drives people nuts because they feel like it's fake) but today I am completely happy! The only thing that could make it better is a baby ;) but we are working on that!

I hope you all are having a great Valentine's day or Single's Awareness day... :) and we will see you back here next time I have something interesting to say which hopefully doesn't take too long... I will try to think of some exciting adventures to have! Thanks for reading sorry if I bored you to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment