Friday, February 25, 2011

I need something new!

I have been working at my job for almost 2 years now which in the grand scheme of things isn't that long, but I am so tired of it.  For those who don't know I work at a daycare.  You think it would be interesting because kids are so unpredictable and funny but suprisingly when you have 20 kids in one room all you can focus on is the noise level and the kids who are causing problems.  I love working with the kids one on one and in small groups but when I have so many kids I feel like none of them are getting the attention they need.  There is a girl I work with who works in the kitchen who is probably leaving very soon so the question is do I want to move into her position.  The pros are that I won't have to work with the large group of kids anymore, I won't have to spend HOT or COLD hours outside for recess, I will get that break from kids I wanted before I have my own child, and it will be new.  The cons are I will miss out on fieldtrips, I won't get my tan, I won't get those special moments with the kids that happen rarely, and I won't get to do the fun art and other things that tend to occupy the day. So if you care to help make the decision I would love that but if not maybe you listened to me vent.  On the up side this weekend I am going in to get my hair cut and dyed and I am hoping to come out looking just the way I want to!  Well speaking of work it is that time again where I must get off the computer, go pick up kids, and watch for three hours while they have fun and I ponder on what will better my llife!  Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment