Monday, November 8, 2010

The power of music

Ok so I decided the other day to go onto Selja's blog and get the music she has written and put it on my ipod.  Today I was listening to her song Nadia, and I was so moved.  For those of you that don't know this song it is about a baby that was lost, and this hit home in my life.  No, I have not lost a baby, but a woman at my work very recently lost her daughter at 6 months.  When I heard this song my thoughts immediately turned to her.  I wanted to share this song with her, and help comfort her.  This song is so awesome, I love that it says in it "we miss you but understand what could not be here on earth you will not be forgotten."  That hit me the hardest!  This knowledge is one that I want to share with this woman I work with.  That she was not meant to stay her work here was done, and that she can be with her again some day!  I know it is so much harder to know this when you are going through it, but it is the truth, and I think that that truth can bring you peace.  I just want to say to this woman I work with that your daughter will not be forgotten, she was pure, and beautiful, and she is with her heavenly father now.  You will get to see her again, and you will have the chance to raise your little angel.

3 comments:

  1. That's exactly why I wrote that song- give some comfort to anyone who has been through that. I can't imagine going through something like that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. music does powerful things! I love it. I don't know where I would be in my life without music!

    I am going to check out this song Selja! I didn't know that you wrote music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya she is Freaking amazing! Haha she inspires me!

    ReplyDelete