Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 3 and 4! Being me

Ok so I didn't forget that I was doing my blog challenge I just had a way busy day yesterday so today is when I was able to get to yesterday's blog!  So day three which was saturday I went shopping with a friend and then had a double date with my cousin Kara and her hubby Jesse.  My challenge for yesterday was to be myself and not to be all stiff and not fun.  :) I did it!  At least I think I did.  I tried to be myself and I had a blast.  I didn't feel like I was fake and I don't feel like I was someone else.  I did get some weird looks because I was myself but I was happy to get them because it meant that I was being my dorky self.  I jumped on tramps, I sucked at laser tag, I did arcade games, I mini golfed, and I had fun.  When shopping I even picked an owl ring out at the store instead of one that was less me.  I may not have received compliments on my looks like the girl I was with but I was me and if that's not good enough for other people then that's ok.  I am good enough for me and Cody and that's what matters. 

So far I have loved this challenge but I won't lie today was hard.  I have been having a hard time with my calling at church and today was just hard for me.  I was upset because of my calling and I am not sure exactly what my challenge is today.  I guess today that might just be how it went, I don't have a challenge for today and thinking it up now and faking it wouldn't be me so I will tell you flat out today was a bust. 

I did have to make two hard decisions today though.  The first was whether or not I would be the authority figure in my primary class, and I chose to be that.  Even though I did choose that though I feel like I also tried to bring some personality into my teaching and tried to make it more fun and not to lose my patience and I think I did really good with that.  My second hard decision today was whether or not I should ask to be released again.  I already have but it resulted in me staying where I was at which was really hard for me because I have struggled with enjoying this calling.  I work with kids all week and then to do it again on sunday is kind of hard.  I have felt at a loss of what to do so many times because I don't have the experience when it comes to disciplining and teaching kids the life lessons as well as the gospel principles that they need to be learning and I get frustrated.  When I get this way I don't even want to deal with work or my calling and I don't think it is fair to the children that they aren't getting my best at all times.  Anyway back to the decision well instead I decided to wait is out and pray.  I am putting my trust in the Lord and hopefully he will give me the patience and strength I need to do the calling or give me what I want which is to be released.  We will see what happens but as for now I am going to keep trying my best for my calling.

Well that's it today see ya tomorrow. Thanks for listening... If anyone is :)

1 comment:

  1. Can you be anymore amazing? You're an inspiration, and make me wanna be better...I love that you just turned to the Lord for help instead of toughing it out all by yourself.

    ReplyDelete